Table of Contents Hide
- Best Online PsyD Clinical Psychology Programs
- 5. Saybrook University, Oakland, California.D. Clinical Psychology
- 4. Santa Barbara, California: Fielding Graduate University
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology
- 3. Regent University – Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Doctorate in Counseling and Psychological Studies
- 2. Capella University – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD in Clinical Psychology)
- 1. Liberty University Lynchburg, Virginia
- Psychology PhD
Clinical psychology is a branch of psychology that focuses on diagnosing and treating mental disorders. A Ph.D. in clinical psychology gives practitioners the skills and knowledge necessary to practice in clinical research, consulting, and clinical practice. Although clinical psychologists can do incredible things, such as treating mental illness or severe psychological disorders, education is the first step to becoming a clinical psychologist. The best clinical psychology program can make all the difference in the world.
Due to clinical psychology, most Ph.D. programs require some degree of participation in person, such as clinical training. We have chosen schools that offer the majority of their programs in an online format. According to College Navigator, these programs were ranked based on their average graduate tuition rates. Your tuition rate might differ, so we encourage you to discuss your financial situation with an admissions staff member to find out what financial aid options are available. Below are the 5 best online Ph.D./PsyD degrees in clinical psychology. This information is helpful in your quest to become a clinical psychologist.
Best Online PsyD Clinical Psychology Programs
5. Saybrook University, Oakland, California.D. Clinical Psychology
Saybrook University offers an affordable online Ph.D. program for clinical psychologists. It gives students the practical skills they need to succeed in their professional practice. The faculty are industry professionals who mentor students closely. The following courses are offered:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Applied With Humanistic and Integrative Approaches
- Mindfulness and Spirituality in Clinical Practice
- Meaning-Centered Therapy and Counseling
This program offers a combination of online classes and in-person conferences. Students can also take the:
- A clinical practicum
- To complete their degree, they must pass a comprehensive exam.
4. Santa Barbara, California: Fielding Graduate University
Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Fielding Graduate University offers a high-quality online Ph.D. in Psychology for working professionals. The unique learning model of this three-year program includes live video seminars that support students with family, career, and community responsibilities. Faculty and students meet yearly at professional conferences to present and discuss their research. Students can choose to specialize in a particular area of psychology while still gaining a broad understanding of psychology. The graduates are successful:
- University faculty
- independent researchers
- Mental health professionals.
3. Regent University – Virginia Beach, Virginia
Doctorate in Counseling and Psychological Studies
Regent University offers a low-cost Ph.D. in psychology that includes 11 areas of specialty. This allows students to study subjects other than clinical. Many clinical psychologists have also studied topics that enhance their skills. You can choose to focus your studies on the following:
- Addiction Counseling
- Biblical Counseling
- Grief counseling
- Counseling for Human Services
Reputable faculty members teach courses from a Christian worldview. The system will provide students with a solid foundation in research methods and a thorough understanding of the theological and scientific aspects of the field. Three full-tuition scholarships are awarded by Regent to Ph.D. students with a clear vision of counseling ministries and an implementation plan.
2. Capella University – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Doctor of Psychology (PsyD in Clinical Psychology)
Capella University offers a clinical psychology PsyD at a reasonable price with a broad curriculum. This allows clinical psychologists interested in becoming clinical psychologists to reach their goals without breaking the bank. Students:
- Complete coursework
- participate in face-to-face residencies
- Complete a practicum and internships
- Conduct research that allows them to put theory into practice
The following courses are offered:
- Psychotherapy Theories
- Psychology: Evidence-Based Practice
- Strategies for Clinical Supervision and Consultation
The faculty are highly qualified and have top credentials. Transferring credits from an accredited university can help students save money. Capella offers a 10% discount for military personnel.
1. Liberty University Lynchburg, Virginia
Liberty University’s affordable Ph.D. in Psychology is a 60-credit-hour program that can be completed in three years. The courses are 100% offered online in eight-week sessions. The course will prepare students for academic and research careers by giving them a better understanding of human experience through a biblical worldview. These courses are featured:
- Statistics and Research Methods in Psychology
- Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview
- Theories and research in I/O Psychology
Five specializations are available to students:
- Developmental Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
Students interested in becoming clinical psychologists can save up to half their degrees by getting a transferable degree.
Although it may seem challenging to get a degree as a professional psychologist, it is rewarding. Online psychology degree programs around the globe offer a unique opportunity for students interested in mental health. Students who study clinical psychology generally have much clinical knowledge and confidence. We hope that you find our list of the top 5 online Ph.D./PsyD in clinical helpful psychology.