Table of Contents Hide
- Why would you send a WhatsApp Business greeting message?
- What is a WhatsApp Business greeting that works?
- 1. Set clear expectations
- 2. Be as transparent as possible
- 3. Give it a personal touch
- Top 10 WhatsApp Business Greetings Examples
- General WhatsApp Business Greetings
- Customer support greeting examples
- Event-based greeting messages
- Greeting messages for use outside of the office
- Send to Homepage
- Please reply with your business hours.
- Collect a Lead
- WhatsApp Business message templates
- WhatsApp Business provides the best customer experience
Perhaps you have heard the expression, “Never judge a book’s cover.”
This saying is so famous because – guess what? – people judge books by their cover every day. Your Business is one of those books, I’m sure.
Your greeting message will be the cover of your WhatsApp Business book if you use WhatsApp Business. Even if you’re unavailable during business hours, greeting messages can help you make an excellent first impression.
This blog will cover everything you need to know regarding greeting messages for WhatsApp businesses and how you can use them to your advantage.
- What is a WhatsApp Business greeting?
- Examples of WhatsApp Business greeting messages
- What is a WhatsApp Business greeting?
You can send a WhatsApp Business greeting message to someone who sends you a WhatsApp Business message. This is a welcome message to customers who use WhatsApp Business. There are many greetings that you can use for different situations.
Trengo allows you to create one greeting message that can be used across all your communication channels. You can think of email, WhatsApp Business, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Messenger, and live chat as one message.
Why would you send a WhatsApp Business greeting message?
The correct greeting message can make it easier to achieve the following:
- Reduce your response time
- Enhance the customer experience
- Customer satisfaction can be increased by directing customers to the correct information.
- Customers who message you after business hours should not be left hanging
- Get valuable leads
Discover how a retailer receives over 500 orders per day via WhatsApp Business.
You can only send WhatsApp Business greeting messages to WhatsApp Business users when you use the WhatsApp Business app and the WhatsApp Business API. The video below explains in 3 minutes how WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp are different.
What is a WhatsApp Business greeting that works?
There are many greetings to choose from, but the best way to send a WhatsApp Business greeting is to use these best practices.
1. Set clear expectations
Establishing a realistic expectation about when your customer will receive a response is essential. Customers should know when they will get an answer.
These expectations should be set very clearly. Let’s take a look at two examples to illustrate the point.
“We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
“We will get back to you within 24 hours.”
The first example is somewhat vague and does not set any expectations. “As soon as possible” could be anything from one minute to 10 hours.
The second example sets expectations and allows your team to exceed them.
2. Be as transparent as possible
The second best thing is to be honest, and open.
No one likes to hear lame excuses about slow response times. It doesn’t matter if your team is a bit overwhelmed that day. You can say that you are busy.
3. Give it a personal touch
I’ve noticed that the tone of many greetings, whether sent via email, chat, or WhatsApp, is formal.
However, even though the message has been sent automatically, you can still appear robotic.
It is essential to sound human. It would help if you were professional but not sound like a lawyer. You don’t have to be a lawyer unless you want. This is the point.
Top 10 WhatsApp Business Greetings Examples
There is no “best greeting message for WhatsApp Business.” It all depends on your situation and what you want to accomplish. Here’s a list of WhatsApp Business greetings that I have compiled for various problems.
Let’s get started, shall we?
General WhatsApp Business Greetings
1. “Thanks for your message!” We will respond within 24 hours. We appreciate your understanding, the [your company] Team.
2. “Hiya! We are glad you visited [your company]. Within 3 hours, we will be in touch with you. You can also visit our help center. It has been a lot of work, so you may find the answer to your question.
3. “Hello! It’s great to meet you. Did you know that we offer a 50% discount on all our products? If you have any questions, let me know, and I’ll get back to you shortly!”
This wasn’t rocket science, was it?
You shouldn’t do too much with any messaging app. WhatsApp is a fast and informal way to get in touch with people or organizations. Keep your company’s brand and tone of voice in mind. Keep it brief and sweet.
Trengo uses the first message within business hours.
Customer support greeting examples
4. “Hi, thank you for your message! One of our support agents will review your message and ensure it is sent to the right person. Within 24 hours, we will get back to you.
5. “In the meantime, you can visit our help center with answers to the most frequently asked questions: [add your link].
A growing trend in customer service is the desire for more customers to be able to self-service. Trengo makes it easy to create your help center. Customers can access information at any time, even after business hours.
Event-based greeting messages
Your company might be dealing with special events or seasonal activities at times. You need to notify your customers, regardless of whether it’s busy during Christmas or the outbreak of covid-19. Let me give you two examples to illustrate both of these cases.
6. “Ho ho ho! If you have any questions, please let me know. We are often too busy wrapping all the gifts, so it is possible that we won’t respond as quickly as you would like.
7. “Hey there! How can I help? We may be able to answer you a bit slower than usual because of these extraordinary times.
Greeting messages for use outside of the office
Your customers might need to wait until after business hours to get a response to their WhatsApp messages. This can be tackled in many ways.
Send to Homepage
8. “Thanks for your message!” Unfortunately, we are not available at the moment. However, we will be back to you in the morning.
Visit www.trengo.com for more information.
Please reply with your business hours.
Trengo uses the following greetings outside of work:
9. “Thanks for reaching out to Trengo!”
We would love to help, but we are currently closed. We will get back to you within the next working day.
“The Trengo team”
As you can see, we have integrated our help center and given customers clear reasons we cannot respond immediately.
Collect a Lead
10. “Hey there! We are currently unable to respond to your email. We will respond within 24 hours. Team Trengo
WhatsApp is a great way to find leads even when you’re not at work. You can reach potential customers by asking them to leave their contact information so they can be contacted the next day.
WhatsApp Business message templates
WhatsApp Business welcome messages, as I mentioned before, are messages you can send to people who message you via WhatsApp Business. WhatsApp Business message templates are a great way to stay in touch with customers.
Luuk, my colleague, wrote an informative blog about WhatsApp Business message templates. You can find it here.
WhatsApp Business provides the best customer experience
Trengo is our next-generation customer communication inbox. It allows you to provide the best customer experience through WhatsApp Business. You can receive WhatsApp messages and all other channels from one inbox (email, voice, and live chat), and you can use WhatsApp Business with multiple users.